How to Keep Your Vehicle Protected from the Elements
If you’re planning on parking a vehicle for any long period of time, especially indefinitely, make sure to take the time to protect it from the elements, whether parked indoor or outdoor. Doing this can help reduce additional loss of value. That way, if you decide to sell it later on, you’ve got something that could actually be worth some money.
With the arrival of autumn upon us, we’ve composed this list of tips to help you make the best choices to protect your investment, whether it’s just a summer only driven car, or an older vehicle that you’re taking off the road.
When Parking Your Vehicle Long Term:
- Make sure to disconnect the vehicle’s battery and store it in a safe, dry place (preferably on a piece of wood)
- Cover your vehicle with a dust cover to protect against dust build-up when parking indoors, and a outdoor car cover when parking it outdoors.
- If you’re planning on leaving your vehicle parked outside, try to park it under a car tent or in a carport to protect it from inclement weather conditions. This helps preserve your vehicles paint job, and also protects against possible leaks.
- Do NOT set the parking brake. When the brake pads are pushed against the rotors for extended periods, they can seize up or fuse together.
- Get an oil change before parking it. If you decide not to sell your vehicle later on, you’ll want the engine to be properly lubricated upon start up (especially after sitting for a while)
- Make sure all your fluids are topped up, particularly the engine coolant
- Raise your windshield wipers so that they don’t start to stick to your windshield over time
- Fully inflate tires. They will lose air over time, but it’s better to start out with a fully inflated tire than one that’s already lower than the pressure it should be.
Taking even just some of these simple steps will help ensure that you are preserving the most value in any vehicle that you are planning to store for extended periods of time, even if it’s just a junk car, truck, SUV, or van.
Avoid Parting Out Your Scrap Car and Sell It to Us Whole
When you’ve put in a fair amount of time and effort to preserve your scrap vehicle, it can be extremely tempting to take the car apart and try to sell off the parts individually because it can essentially turn more of a profit than just scrapping your car for cash. However, there’s a very good chance that you’ll spend more time sitting on the vehicle than you will get sales for the parts. Plus, you run the risk of damaging either the parts or other vital components of the vehicle when trying to get the parts you’re selling out.
Unless you are extremely well versed in the mechanics of your vehicle, we strongly recommend that you don’t part it out. Not only are there risks involved with removing parts that compromise the value of those parts, there are many chemicals that are within the engine and moving parts of your car that can easily harm the environment, animals (like our pets), and you. By selling your junk car as a whole to a professional licensed scrap car buyer like us, you’re not only saving yourself the time and effort, you’re protecting the environment.
We Offer Scrap Car Removal Services in Metro Vancouver & the Fraser Valley
Whether you’re scrapping a car, truck, SUV, van, or even a bus, we’ll buy it and pay you MORE cash for it than any other junk car removal company in the lower mainland. Our tow truck drivers are fast, courteous, and professional, and work 7 days a week, from 8:00am to 10:00pm to better serve our amazing customers like you!