Vancouver Scrap Yard Resource
Are you looking for a scrap yard in Vancouver region? Everyday we work with a variety of scrap yards and junk yards recycling old vehicles. But that’s not all they do. Scrap yards are an important part of Vancouver’s economy with over 50 of them operating in the region. They process and recycle materials that can be used to make other products or sold as parts.
What do scrap yards do?
Scrap yards play an important roll recycling cars, appliances and valuable plastics and metals for reuse. It is much cheaper for companies to create new products using scrap or salvaged materials then by using new ones. Scrap yards make it possible and help to facilitate this process and reduce the overall waste of the world.
What is an Auto Wrecker?
An auto wrecker is a scrap yard the specializes in only automobiles and trucks.
What is a Salvage Yard?
A salvage yard is an open space or building where you can view all the various scrap pieces. They could be cars or appliances. Many used pats and treasure hunters can be found in salvage yards. Some yards will allow you to bring your tools and take what you need.
What Are The Most Valuable Recycled Materials?
- Copper – one of the most common metals you can find around your home and one of the most highly sought after at the scrap yard. It is found in old old electrical appliances, pipes and wiring.
- Brass – anything that looks like gold, but isn’t is probably brass. It is found in old ornamental objects such as candlesticks, plates, trophies as well as brass fittings, door handles/knockers and old bed frames.
- Silver – scrap silver often ends up in jewellery stores. It is very valuable. If you have old jewellery, silverware, medals, or antique vases, you could make some easy money buy converting your silver scrap into cash.
- Aluminium – aluminium is one of the most versatile and easy metals to recycle. If can be found in cans, packaging, electronics, car parts and bike frames.
- Stainless Steel – Different grades of stainless steel scrap will have different values based on the other valuable metals within it such as nickel. Stainless steel is in appliances and kitchen equipment as well as some automotive parts and machinery.
- Gold – gold is about as precious as it gets. Gold is usually found in jewellery, old coins, electronics an antique items.
- Lead – an extremely profitable metal when recycled if it is of pure source. It is highly toxic to process. Lead can also be very difficult to transport as lead items tend to be very heavy. Nonetheless, scrap lead is usually in high demand and therefore worth the effort it.
Scrap Yard Locations
There are scrap yards located in almost every city in the Metro Vancouver region. These junk yards include:
North Shore Recycling Companies
Vancouver Scrap Yards
- Pacific Metals Recycling International